Fool & Deter the Bad Guys: Today's Smartly Designed Dummy Security Cameras
While their career path reflects an unintelligent choice, the majority of professional burglars are very wise—or at least they are when it comes to what they do for a living. Most criminals know exactly what to look for in the homes and other properties they target, right down to the smallest detail. While many home security vendors will have you think that their fake security cameras are all you need to outsmart the bad guys, do your research and you'll learn that only "criminal smart" dummy cameras are effective.
Burglars, vandals, and home invaders seek easy targets. Most criminals will avoid homes and businesses that look as if they're being actively monitored by surveillance cameras. It's for this reason that dummy security cameras that replicate the real thing are effective at deterring both residential and commercial crime. And if designed properly, there's really no way a would-be intruder can determine if the camera is real or not. The only way to find out is to break in, and most thugs aren't willing to take that risk.
Dummy security cameras are considered one the most cost-effective solutions for thwarting burglaries and home invasions. The number one reason homeowners and businesses install dummy security cameras are that they simply can't afford a real surveillance system and/or they are mixing in dummy cameras with real cameras to give the illusion of thorough video surveillance coverage.
While fake security cameras are available at a fraction of the cost of today's authentic surveillance systems, that doesn't mean you have to short-change yourself when it comes to quality. Some of the features that make a dummy security camera effective in fooling and deterring the wisest of burglars include the following:
- A bright LED light. One of the most important features you can have on a dummy camera is an LED light, and the brighter the light the better. Having a brightly illuminated power light creates the psychological deterrent criminals need to make them think the camera is real, giving them a reason to stay away.
- An adjustable swivel-mount base. A dummy camera with a swivel-mount base that can be positioned in whatever direction you prefer gives the illusion that the camera is actively monitoring the premises. Most high-end surveillance camera systems are mounted on a swivel base, which is why this feature is so important. Professional burglars are certain to look for it.
- Rechargeable batteries with a solar power source. A lot of dummy security cameras are powered with batteries, but having to climb a ladder and change them out every few weeks can be a huge inconvenience. A dummy surveillance camera that's equipped with a solar panel will provide the means for keeping the camera's internal batteries charged around the clock. This feature can also save you a small fortune in batteries and helps decrease the footprint they leave behind on the environment.
- Two fake antennas. Authentic, high-end home security surveillance systems are equipped with two video transmission antennas. To help replicate the look of professional video surveillance systems such as those used by government facilities and other large corporations, you'll want to ensure the fake security camera you buy has two dummy antennas. It's a crucial feature if you want to outsmart the most experienced of criminals.
- Water-resistant battery compartment and other weather-protective features. Ensuring your dummy camera and its power source are protected from the rain and other wet weather is imperative. This is where features such as UV coating, silicone gaskets, and stainless steel screws are important. A dummy surveillance camera designed with these materials will ensure years of use while maintaining an affordable price. Anything less will leave you vulnerable to a malfunctioning device, not to mention rust—a detail that's sure to tip off would-be intruders.
No matter what type of dummy home security camera you buy, it's critical that you remember its true purpose—to act as a psychological deterrent that fools criminals into thinking your property is under heavy surveillance. A dummy home security camera will not alert you or allow you to view anyone who might be lurking outside your home or business. However, a high quality fake surveillance camera can be a vastly effective means of deterring and fooling burglars and other criminals from targeting your property.
So be smart with your dummy security camera purchase. Take the time to find one that looks like the real thing and that's capable of outsmarting today's experienced and wise burglars.
Jordan Frankel, commonly known as The Security Sensei develops revolutionary security products and solutions that protect both lives & property. Countless agencies and corporations such as NASDAQ, the US Military, and law enforcement entrust Mr. Frankel with their security and safety. Jordan Frankel is also frequent media guest addressing the personal and financial consequences associated with home invasions, burglaries and other serious threats. In addition, Mr. Frankel's security products & inventions have been featured on Oprah, FOX news and in countless publications. Jordan's ability to outsmart the proverbial bad guys - coupled with his commitment to making security an affordable reality for everyone is the key to Global Security Experts Inc success. Mr. Frankel (The Security Sensei) is available for media interviews by appointment only.
Mr. Frankel is a proud member of:
The American Society for Industrial Security.
The International Association for Counter Terrorism & Security.
The Society of Professional Locksmiths.